Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Unexcused absence

I have neglected my blog, for really no reason. Life has been busy, but who's isn't? I've felt like I haven't balanced my "jobs" very well lately. I've also been very consumed with some situations that have occurred in my life. Without going into detail, some things have happened that have made me very sad, angry, and confused. When things happen with people you are closest to, it can be hard to separate and ignore that this is their life, their decisions, their consequences. Because, when you love and care about people that are making choices that you don't agree with....it's hard. Last night at life group, we watched a video from Jimmy Evan's marriage series "Marriage on The Rock." It was such a powerful message and made me think of so many aspects of my life, not just marriage. I walked away from last night with the situations that occurred recently weighing heavy on my mind. I took away from this video something so simple, but so powerful. Our mouths are God's mouths. The words that come from our lips are nuclear. Words have the power to encourage, but they also have the power to destroy. We should use our words as if they are coming straight from the Almighty. Proverbs 18:20–21 — “From the fruit of his mouth a man’s stomach is filled; with the harvest from his lips he is satisfied. The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” (NIV)

From the time we are born, and when we are little children, the words we hear from our parents, family, and loved one's are words that we always believe to be true. Last night the analogy was used comparing words to seeds. If our words are like seeds, and we continually walk around planting seeds of negativity, then we will bear bad fruit. If we plant seeds of positivity, we bear good fruit. This analogy, again, is simple, but can be true in so many aspects of life. Raising our kids, our marital relationships, friendships, employees/co-workers, everything! Words can wage war, or they can bring peace. Also, once words are spoken, you can't take them back. Hopefully, if you're spitting bad seeds everywhere, you can recognize it and change. But only you can bring about this change. Negativity, untruths, bitterness, and anger are all very ugly and can affect everything in your life.

This blog was started because of Livia's diagnosis. Where we are today, in life, is really quite amazing to me. My kids, my spouse, family, friends, strangers (some of who are now friends), my church, and everything in between are all amazing blessings. I feel extremely encouraged to be able to say that I am a happy, healthy, lady walking around with a heavy heart. I can't ignore the sadness that comes along with Sanfilippo Syndrome, but it doesn't cause me to be bitter or plant those negative seeds. I've quickly learned that life is way too short not to be happy and make the most of every single day and every single relationship that is put before me. Our pastor said this, that will always be in my heart. In the end, when we go to heaven, what is the only thing that we can take with us? It's not our things, our stuff, our prize possessions, it's only our relationships that will be in heaven with us. Today, be an encourager and find what makes you happy. It will make everything else in your life shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment