Monday, May 9, 2011

Just when I needed it the most!

Having a foundation, a blog, organizing events, being a mommy, being a wife, doctor's appointments, natural history studies, being a friend, email's, etc. etc. etc. This is my life. At times, I can lose momentum having so much on my plate. Some days, I want to give up. Being overwhelmed is not a fun emotion. It's a vulnerable place where Satan can easily walk into my life, whisper in my ear, and encourage me to just give up. Some days, 24hrs just doesn't cut it to get everything done that I feel needs to get done. When I know I have an event coming up, I try to schedule (in my mind) everything that needs to get done. I'm focused and determined to do it. The end result is what I'm working for. Awareness, funds, maybe inspiring someone along the way. Then it's over. The encouraging words, being gathered with intentional and generous people. It's all so uplifting. But when it's all over and everyone goes their own ways, I feel almost a let down. Not from people and their generosity, but from all the momentum leading up to the event.

Then inspiration comes just when I need it the most. I had the honor of having a chai tea latte date with Tasha Ives. She is someone that I've wanted to meet for a very long time. When Jake and I first started going to Rockford First is when we learned of the beautiful Ives family and their daughter, Sydney. Sydney, at the age of 10, was diagnosed with stage 3 inoperable brain cancer. She won her battle against this cancer 18 months later and went home to be with our Heavenly Father. She is now "Living In Peace" in our eternal home. Their story and foundation information can be found @ http://sydneyives.com/ Please take a moment to learn about this family and their foundation. So, meeting with Tasha this morning was just what I needed. She gave me insight and almost a boost of that momentum I was talking about. To meet another strong mother that has had a difficult journey, that could advise me as well as share a Faith with me, is something that can help me thrive and inspire me to accomplish what we've set out to do. Our situations are different, yet the same. We may not go through the same motions, but we may share the same emotions. That support brings me a lot of comfort. To have someone who is open and willing to let us in, is an amazing gift and blessing!

Things always have a way of working themselves out. I know what will get done will get done. My heart is in what we are doing, and knowing God's Will will be done, can help me accomplish these goals. I hope the beginning of this post wasn't whiny. I have no desire to quit our foundation or our events. This is only the beginning of what I feel like is going to be something big. Thank you, Tasha, for this morning. Thank you for your insight. I look very forward to seeing your foundation grow and working with you in the future. I also look forward to getting to know you and your family. It's nice to meet another sister in Christ!

Dedicated to the Ives family!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Kelly! The blessing of meeting you and Finley was all mine! God bless you in all you do, and I look forward to sharing our journies together!

    ReplyDelete