Thursday, November 11, 2010

Grandma Fish

My Grandma Fish passed away Sunday, November 7th 2010. She entered into His loving arms being reunited with Grandpa Fish and her beloved Fe-Fe. She will be missed by so many people. My dad asked my sister and I to write our most fond memories of gma. Audra and I both read what we wrote. Here is what I had to say.............


My Grandma Fish, was a lady of elegance, generosity, kindness and love. She was always so happy and upbeat. The word “NO” was not in her vocabulary. I have so many fond memories of her.
The one that tops my list is an example of her generosity. She never wanted anyone to feel left out, especially her grandchildren. Whenever there was a birthday party or any type of event that involved gift giving for a sibling, she would always bring a little something for the other grandchild. No one was ever forgotten.
Going to Grandma and Grandpa Fish’s house was always a treat. Literally, a treat! The candy drawer in her beautiful china hutch was always stocked and ready for the taking.
Playing at grandma and grandpa’s house was an adventure. I can remember playing in her closet, trying on her clothes, admiring her beautiful jewelry and even wearing her shoes. Grandma always dressed beautifully and even in her nursing home days, donned her beautiful jewelry, even if made from plastic beads. She made anything look good!
Another fond memory was of her CB radio in her car. She let me talk on it and even come up with my own “trucker” name. I named myself “curly sue.”
On a Girl Scout get away that couldn’t have lasted more than a long weekend, I received a care package in the mail. Not just a letter, but a box of “stuff!” It was from grandma and grandpa Fish. At the time, it was the “stuff” in the box that was so cool. I can remember showing all my friends the treats inside. Now I look back on this memory and realize that it wasn’t the “stuff” in the box that was so cool, it was the people that took the time to send it just because they loved me so much and wanted me to feel special.
The legacy that my grandma has left in this world has taught me so much. Her kindness and generosity touched so many people. I’m so fortunate to have been a part of her life and am proud to be her grand daughter. I will miss her so much, but know we will meet again.

All my love, gma!
Kelly Fish Hubert

No comments:

Post a Comment