Saturday, May 22, 2010

Honesty

My life is pretty much an open book. I really don't mind this. I've never really felt like a private person. I'd much rather talk about what's going on than internalize my feelings. The same thing applies with Liv's life. I always want to be approachable when it comes to what's going on in her life. If someone has a question, I'd much rather them come to me so we can talk about it. Nothing is easy with Sanfilippo. So much is unknown. We really don't know how it's going to affect her. I pray so hard that it be God's will for something to come in her lifetime that will save her life. I can't imagine not having her. Lately I've been feeling a little overwhelmed with everything in our life. Good and bad. We've had a lot of good lately which is reason to celebrate. We have an amazing group of friends that have rallied around us with some great ideas on how to fight for Liv. To sit in a room surrounded by some really big football guys, a coffee guy, other moms and dads, grandma's and grandpa's, and friends that really love us is an emotion I wish more people could get to experience. I'm overwhelmed with the good because there is sooooo much to do and not enough hours in the day to get it all complete. I don't want to let anyone down. I want to get everything done and start seeing results. It's so important for me to make this foundation a success for Livia and other MPS families. I can't and won't just sit back and do nothing. When the good overwhelming feelings come through it fuels my fire to fight even harder. When I get to see God's work being done through my daughter, it makes me proud and happy. It really is an amazing thing to be able to recognize. It's helped me to embrace the place that we are in this "new" life. I trust Him and I know that His hands are strong and will carry this burden for me. Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

1 comment: