Friday, February 26, 2010

Amazed

I often wonder what life would be like if we didn't have Sanfilippo in our life. It's been my goal to find the positive in this "new life" we've been given. Some days it's really hard. It's especially hard when the dark out weighs the light. However, I've found that the light prevails and there is so much positive to focus on. For example, Sanfilippo has brought knowledge, compassion, strength and focus into my life. Because of all of these things I'm a better person. I can be a better mother, sister, wife and daughter. Another example, are the people that we have met along our way. The people that we don't even know are out there, that our story is touching them in some way. This amazes me. We have been so fortunate to meet strong and encouraging people that inspire us and help us through our tough times. We've made friends along the way that are truly a God send! I've been so touched by the family members that are out there that want to help make a difference by bringing awareness to the people around them. My cousin Allison is making purple bracelets for all of her friends to help spread the word about this ugly disorder. She has touched my heart! I've been passing letters (hand-written!!!!) between myself and another cousin. This is something I look forward too, and another little thing that means so much. Livia is touching the lives of so many people and I can't help but feel like it is a blessing. I'd give anything to trade places with her or just take it away all together, but I can't. I've been given insight into what our future might look like. It's scary, but I'm able to cherish all of these blessings and LIV each day with purpose. I have no time for drama, excuses or petty fights. So, because of Sanfilippo I feel, in a way, I've been cleansed of negativity. With saying that, it's not like I skip around all day humming to myself and feeling on top of the world. I'm far from that. I just have a new sensitivity to my surroundings. I see things so differently now and I appreciate the goodness and kindness of this world. Life is about choices, I can choose to lay in bed and cry all the time or I can choose to pick myself up and enjoy what life has to offer. We only have one life, don't you think we should make it a good one?

3 comments:

  1. Kelly, I'm so glad to hear you say these things. In a way, I think I've been waiting for a post like this from you. We all need a reminder now and then to be thankful for the life we've been given, you are blessed to have Livia and Finley as a DAILY reminder. And I'm blessed to have you as my reminder. I couldn't live this life without you. I am so thankful you are my sister and best friend. Love the new blog look....it's springy, happy, and positive feeling. Just like Livi and Finney :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, You are amazing. I can see by reading your posts that God is doing a mighty work in your life and in your family. I praise Him for that. I am reminded of the Casting Crowns song "Praise You In This Storm". It is such a comfort to me in times of trouble.

    Chorus:
    And I'll praise you in this storm
    and I will lift my hands
    for You are who You are
    no matter where I am
    and every tear I've cried
    You hold in your hand
    You never left my side
    and though my heart is torn
    I will praise You in this storm

    ReplyDelete
  3. and Joshua 24:14 says...
    "but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."
    It was a choice for Joshua and I give thanks that you too have chosen to serve the Lord as shown by your loving ways.

    ReplyDelete